Patrick Swayze died today and my heart is saddened. I Loved him the moment I saw "Dirty Dancing" My all time favorite movie (Lord I must have seen that movie over 100 times!!) The movie reminded you of old time innocence, and how life was so simple and care free back then. The movie become a phenomenon and and overnight success. I have followed almost all of his movies since then...
Ghost was just as spectacular as Dirty Dancing, Patrick shed that tuff macho image and showed a more sensitive and enduring side. The scene where his character, Sam and Demi's character, Molly where on the pottery wheel molding the clay as the sweet tune of the righteous Brothers, Unchained Melody played in the background was so romantic and sensuous. (Heck it made me want to buy a pottery wheel and start playing with clay lol.) I just knew that I would not have had a man like Sam, around to hold me and help me mold my clay, hahahahahaha. As I digress, anyway the movie was a smash and you could not help but fall in love with Patrick!
Another movie which I was surprised I liked was, "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everyting! Julie Newmar.,"Patrick played a drag queen called Vida Boheme, ohh did he do it with class! And he looked great.
He played Vida with class, sophistication and glamor. I would not have thought that he could pull it off.. Patrick is such a sexy, macho man's man, it was hard for me to think that he could pull of the drag queen character in the manner in which he did. He showed another side to his acting and that he was not a one dimensional actor. He had depth and no matter what critics thought you had to give him his props. He put his all into his characters and you loved them, believed them rooted for them and even cried for them.
There are not too many celebrities I want to meet, or interview on my talk show, but Patrick was one of those people I wanted to meet and will never have the opportunity.. He leaves behind a legacy of movies, stage productions and though we will never see him again, but he will live forever in his movies and I am truly thankful for that.....
YOU WILL BE MISSED PATRICK SWAYZE!!! MAY YOU FINALLY FIND PEACE AND HURT NO MORE....
Monday, September 14, 2009
My tribute to Patrick Swayze
Labels:
cancer,
dancer,
death,
Demi Moore,
Dirty Dancing,
Ghost,
macho,
movies,
Patrick Swayze,
sexy,
Too Wong Foo,
transgender
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment