I became a christian over 7 years ago and have faith that God never gives us more than we can bear. I have also heard and read that God answer's prayers, but what happens when you have been praying and praying for one specific thing and those prayers have yet to be answered? Does that mean God is not listening? What if you have been asking for that specific relieve for over a couple of years and still no answer.. Do you still have faith? Do you still believe and hold on to his word?
I have had periods in the past where I was so angry and mad at God for letting me remain in the muck and mire I was in. For not bringing me the relieve I asked for. I felt that I was alone, truly alone for surely if there is no one else, God should be there right? I did not feel his presence, his comfort, nor his love and for this I rebelled.. I stopped going to church and when I heard people say God answers prayers my response was "yeah when" I was spiraling down such a dark place and could not understand why.... My marriage was crumbling, I was unemployed, A best friend (Or someone I thought was a best friend) turned out to be a liar and backstabber and committed the ultimate betrayal. My son was diagnosed with Autism and now I became a person I always said I would not become, a stay at home mom. (Nothing against stay at home moms, but it was not what I envisioned for myself when I was younger, never say never.) My finances which were a plenty were now drained and my house had lost that positive loving energy it used to have.. I had faith, I believed, I went to church on Sunday's, I lived by Gods rules do no harm to others. Help others if you can without expecting anything in return. How could God love me and yet allow all this to happen without intervening. How could he place such traders in my my midst? I could understand why people stray from their faith when so much is put on them and their world crumbles right from underneath their feet.
You are not alone in feeling this way, I was there and it was a struggle to get out from that dark and dismal place I was in... There didn't seem to be an end to that dark tunnel I was traveling in, but there was. Am I out that dark tunnel even as I write this, NO!, but I am so close to the end I can see the light at the end of it. I see the green grass and the beautiful skies. When I look back now I can honestly tell you that GOD never left me.. I was just too angry and in a hateful place and could not feel his presence... Like the "Footprints" prayer I realized God was carrying me all this time because I could not stand on my own.. He was here with me all this time and I was just to blind to see it... I also realized that most of the things I had prayed and asked for had manifested, but I was too busy wallowing in self pity to see this. Yes God is listening and yes he does answer prayers, not when you want him too, but when he thinks you can handle what it is you ask for.
Has he answered that one prayer I keep asking for, no not yet, but in my heart, body and soul I know he will answer that prayer. I find joy in the simple things (always have, but during that dark time I just couldn't do it) I am grateful for what I have.. I have more than some and less than others, but what I have is mine and I am immensely grateful for that. Where ever you are in your life, no matter how angry you may be, know that there is a resolution, know that you are not alone and also know that if you can find a way to find your faith and believe again, hold on to that, because that is what will get you through.. It did for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment