Thursday, October 28, 2010

16 Week Challenge, Can I do it?

I met Andrew online via Facebook. We officially started communicating when I made a comment on a domestic violence (dv) post Andrew posted a link to. I sent him an e-mail exlaining my situation and how I felt lost, overwhelmed and unsure of what direction I’m heading in. He responded immediately and in that phone call advised me on several things I can do to start making changes and instructed me on the next 2-3 things I should do. I followed his advise and am now focusing on helping women overcome dv and regain their independence. At least now I know what direction I'm heading.

Andrew invited me to join his 16 week challenge. When I read what it was about and I saw what he was doing I was immediately excited and not only did I want to participate, but I also wanted to help out in whatever capacity I could. (There is a African proverb that states, each one teach one ) And I felt likethis was the principle Andrew was drawing from, where as a collective we can all succeed.

Now, as I started to think of my challenge it started to grow, (I never do anything small and I tend to dream BIG! lol…) Albert Einstein once said” Six degrees of serperation seperates us from anyone in the world., could I only be 6 degrees from reaching my 16 week challenge? I will do everything I can and ask for any and all assistance to help me reach this goal. 16 Weeks is not long, but when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, miracles can happen! I expect a miracle.

Today I didn’t do much, I felt like crap. I’ve been fighting a cold, but the cold seems to have won, but I will not use that as an excuse like I have before. Let’ see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment